Interpreting Your Daughters Standardised Test Results:
- Standardised Tests in English Reading and Maths measure your child’s achievement compared to other
children in all schools at the same class or age level.
- The two documents attached below should give parents and guardians a comprehensive synopsis on how to interpret your daughters test results.
- Children’s Standardised Test scores are shared as a Sten Score on your daughters report card at the end of the school year in Convent Primary School.
- Table 1 on the document labelled ‘Interpreting Teacher Judgements’ provides an overview of the concepts associated with Standardised Test scores.
- Table 2 on the document labelled ‘Interpreting Teacher Judgements’ supports the comparison of Sten Scores and Standard Scores with the national average.
We hope these two documents provide you with a good guide and understanding to standardised testing.
Downloadable File: understanding-standardscores_eng
Downloadable File: interpreting_teacher_judgements_reportcards_english