Science Week Activities-Outside Agencies
- 9th November 2021 -Online Anyone4Science Forensic Science Workshop, hosted by Cork Science Week
The Elder Classroom and the Beech Classroom (6th) took part in an online CSI investigation from ‘Anyone 4 Science’. All the girls really enjoyed the experience, especially becoming crime scene investigators for the day. The girls investigated soil and ink samples to find out who was the correct suspect in the case. The girls recorded their results and together solved the case. Everybody had great fun!
- 11th November- Johnny Magory, tell me a story book reading with author Emma-Jane Leeson
The Ivy Classroom (1st) loved listening to Emma Jane read aloud to them and were so pleased to receive a pack of Johnny Magory books for their class library.
- 11th November at 12pm – Guest speaker and parent-Mr O’ Keeffe who works with Pfizer explained to pupils how the Covid19 vaccine is made in the Pfizer laboratory and hosted a Q and A with the Beech Classroom(6th)
Science Week 2021 saw pupils in all classes work as scientists at home
Class teachers posted sample experiments on Teams at the beginning of the week and pupils conducted the experiments at home over the course of the week. Some fabulous experiments were undertaken and the children had great fun! Check out the videos below for a compilation of experiments carried out by our wonderful students.
1. Students Experiments – Science Week 2021 Showcase:
2. The Student Council Members STEM Showcase: